Car and Motor: Personal Injury Claims For Car Crash Injuries
Ferrall & Co.
Personal Injury Claims
Car and Motor: Personal Injury Claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you were a passenger, driver, cyclist or pedestrian in the accident, it is important to find out what your rights are. So, we encourage you to contact us at Ferrall & Co. as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Motor vehicles include cars, trucks, motorbikes (including quad bikes), and buses.
If you’ve been involved in a car crash that occurred at the fault of someone else and have sustained an injury, you should be able to claim for compensation against the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer of the vehicle that caused your injuries.
- If you are involved in a car crash, you should always take down the name, address and contact details of the other people involved. You should also make sure to get the registration numbers of all other cars involved.
- Always feel free to phone the police and ask them to attend the scene of the accident. While it isn’t a legal requirement for the police to attend at the scene, it does often make life easier down the track if they’ve been called.
- Go and see your doctor to make sure any injuries you have are documented and that all injuries you’ve sustained are discovered. It is very important to have all your injuries well documented especially if you wish to make a claim for personal injuries.
- Keep records of all of your out-of-pocket expenses as the CTP insurer will usually reimburse you for them during the preliminary part of your claim.
- Lodge your claim with the CTP insurer as soon as you can after the collision so they have it on record and the claim can progress.
There are time limits that apply so you should get legal advice as soon as you have been involved in an accident so that you know your rights. For general injuries in Queensland, the time limit to notify the person you are claiming against is either 9 months from the date of the injury or 1 month from consulting a lawyer.
Ferrall & Co. Lawyers can help you understand your rights to make a claim for personal injury as a result of a car crash. We provide an obligation-free assessment of your claim and we understand that you may not be able to travel due to your injuries so we offer a home visit service where one of our solicitors will come to you to discuss your claim. Call us or send an email to book an initial, obligation free appointment. We’re here to help.