Workplace accidents: Claims For Work injuries
Ferrall & Co.
Work Injury Claims
Work Injury Claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
Part-time workers, casual workers and most subcontractors are covered by workers’ compensation schemes.
The state and federal laws vary in their time limits to submit a worker’s compensation claim. The sooner you can report an injury and seek legal advice, the better.
- Report your workplace injury to your employer as soon as possible within 30 days of becoming aware of the injury
- Complete a workers’ compensation claim form, keep a copy for yourself and give the original to your employer
- Get a medical certificate for worker’s compensation, keep a copy for yourself and give the original to your employer
- Ensure your employer signs and dates the form on the day you give it to them
- Lodge the claim form with the workers’ compensation authority
We would need to know your particular circumstances to determine your potential claim amount, however it would most likely be a percentage of your weekly earnings and the cost of reasonable medical expenses.