We are a busy boutique law firm based in Caloundra, on the Sunshine Coast. We currently have a position for a legal assistant, paralegal, or junior solicitor for a full-time role, with an immediate start.
All experience levels are welcome to apply!
You will be working directly under the guidance of the principal solicitor. We have a friendly, close-knit team and value the importance of having a great workplace culture. Delivering exceptional client service is at the heart of our firm, and the ideal candidate will need to be someone who is welcoming and friendly.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and have an interest in criminal defence, family and domestic violence law. Previous experience using LEAP legal software, Commonwealth Courts Portal, and Microsoft Office is advantageous also, though not essential.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Being able to work autonomously.
- Being able to work closely with Counsel and other experts.
- Being client focused.
- Drafting legal correspondence and Court documents.
- Legal research.
- Liaising with clients, relevant organisations, departments, and authorities.
The ideal candidate:
- Prior experience in criminal, family law and domestic violence matters is preferred, but candidates with all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Will have superior attention to detail.
- The ability to work within a close-knit team.
- Excellent time management skills.
Salary will be commensurate on experience.
To apply for this position please submit your covering letter and CV via our contact form. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview. All applications will remain confidential.